I love that I get compliments for my book photos. I mean, why wouldn’t I? I’m spending most of my valuable time to take photos, okay. However, it is not rainbows and butterflies and unicorns and all that cozy stuff all the time!
Let me be honest and frank with you… I’ve listed down my confessions to let you know that a bookstagrammer is also a flawed human being, just like everyone else.
I don’t know how many are there but I’ll tell you as much possible!
- Most of my photos are staged. *surprise?* Of course, my bed isn’t always cozy-looking. And I make coffee at home just for the photo.
- I haven’t read all the books in my bookshelf. I have a shelf full of TBR books! And I don’t know when to read them.
- I judge a book by its cover. I do. Sorry.
- I don’t read New Adult fiction nowadays. I find it so cliché and overrated with same old stories.
- I write on my books. *no guilt here*
- When I take photos outdoors, I get nervous that people will judge me BUT I got used to it, so I look like a crazy person at cafes.
- Speaking of cafes, my cuppa gets cold because I spend more time taking photos than actually drinking it. *books + coffee = perfect combo. Duh*
- My family supports my bookstgram They do anything I ask them to.
- I plan my photos.
- I buy stuff for the sake of Instagram. *never the expensive ones though*
- I love second-hand bookstores and thrift stores *I always end up finding a gem*
- I still feel like I don’t have a beautiful feed. I’m still insecure.
- I read “hype books”. Sometimes I end up liking them, sometimes I don’t.
- I buy books because bookstagram says so.
- I am so opinionated when it comes to reviewing books. I say that I didn’t like it even if most people loved it.
- But I hardly give 2 stars or 1 star rating. I feel like I owe the author a 2.5 and above rating…? Y’know, effort. It’s not easy to write a book.
- YA romance is my guilty pleasure.
- I feel intimidated by big books and I cannot lie. *but I read them anyways*
- I judge a movie by its book. ALL THE TIME.
- I deplore the idea that all books should be made into movies. (e.g ‘Looking for Alaska’)
- I get carried away too easily by a character.
- I hate whinny and helpless characters, though.
- I pretty much don’t care if I have a hardcover or paperback. It’s still a book.
- I don’t do pre-orders as often as other people. I mean, I can wait for the release date itself.
- I don’t get why people are so fascinated into ARCs? It’s not like 99% of the book community will never read the same book. Again, I can wait. (But when a publisher asks me, I say yes. It’s very rare though)
- My bookshelf is all kinds of messy. No color-coding, not alphabetized, nothing. Just a stack of books. And more books.
- When I say “I’m currently reading…” it doesn’t mean I’m actually currently reading it. That simply means: I will read it later today, after posting this. Or at bedtime.
- I carry a book everyday. Sometimes I read it; sometimes I don’t. I just carry it. *just in case*
- I buy books more than I can read them. *too many books……*
- I wish I know all of my bookstagram friends in real life; but sometimes I don’t want that either because I’m awkward.
There you have it! Can you relate? Tell me about it! 😉