This is an over-due post but I will post it anyway…
Here we are in the beginning of a new month and day by day, we go forth to face another season…
In the spur of the moment decision, I thought of adding a new category called “Wind Up Chronicles” (the title is based from Hakuri Murakami book called The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle but I swear this has no similarity with the story. Ha!). I will be summarizing (winding up) my shenanigans for the month. I’m used to doing Monthly Wrap Up for the books I’ve read but I also want to share you what I’ve been up to.
Maybe you have seen most of these on my Instagram but meh, I like to summarize things to keep my life organized. Lol. Please bear with me!
- I read 6 books this month and in my defense, I read two long fantasy novels: The Well on Ascension and The Hero of Ages, the last two books from the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. You may check my review again here.
- I had the pleasure of reading one of the best books I encountered this year: The Secret History by Donna Tartt. I cannot tell you how much I loved it. It has everything I wanted in a novel and I recommend this to anyone and everyone.
- I also read a crime fiction entitled, The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware, Agatha Christie’s The Moving Finger and The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan.
- I had a mini-book sale last weekend. It was fun! My books got sold out immediately. Lol. I’m thinking of doing it again in the future.
- I am also excited to read Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur and The Vegetarian by Han Kang. I heard good things and I can’t wait to devour them! Though, right now, I’m still reading Lady Midnight.
Lifestyle + Collaborations
This month I got lucky to have my first Hotel Review at Rove Hotels. It was such a nice experience and in case you missed it, click the link for my full and detailed review.
I got my 3rd collaboration with Daniel Wellington watches. This time, they sent out 1 watch, 2 straps and a silver bangle – the latest addition to their collection. You can also buy yours and avail a 15% discount using my code upon checkout: lookingDW
Food + Coffee
My stomach is full, yet again. Thanks to the cafes/restaurants I visited this month.
Fume is a cozy cafe located at Dubai Downtown and Pier 7, Dubai Marina. If you want a perfect brunch, here’s the place to go. Their Eggs Benedict is one of my favorites!
Going to Tresind Dubai is a “chemically” gastronomic experience! This place is a scientific success in making the best possible way to serve food while entertaining its diners.
Al Falamnki has an authentic Lebanese flavors. They serve their food in a home-cooked style plating and the food was incredible!
Taipei Dao specializes with Asian cuisine and has an amazing organic taste. They use only natural ingredients and they also sell those at their restaurant. And the best part, I was able to watch a traditional tea-making by the owner herself, Ms. Felice.
And please visit/check out Aromino Arabia for a mouthwatering gelato escapade! I LOVE their flavors and topped with Macarons? Perfection!
For my good cup of coffee, please check this blog post I made called #aburaprojectcoffee. I feel bad that I wasn’t able to follow it up last week since I got busy with moving out. Lol. But since summer is almost over, I will have all the time to go cafe-hunting in the next months! Weeee!!
Personal // Etc
Okay so where did August go? Really, time seems to fly too fast! But this time, I’m not complaining. I’m happy to bid adieu to August and embrace September! I’ve got an exciting news coming so watch out for that!
And eeeep! I dyed my hair! Hahaha that’s a first, seriously. I never went as far as semi-blonde. Lol. But I like it! 😉
There are so many great things in store for me and I feel really grateful to God but sometimes I feel like I don’t deserve all these things…? Er, I don’t know. Have you ever felt that way? Did you ever wonder why you feel so favored all the time, like, what did you do right to deserve it? These are just my questions BUT please note that I AM THANKFUL. I love my life; I am blessed.
Because after all, I know how hard I work hard to get here right now. My heart is simply filled with gratitude!
Thanks be to God! 🙂
There goes August 2016! What are your highlights this month? Share it with me!